Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Donaldson <pd...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/09/14 19:33:14 UTC

Apache mods - possible to send request on?

Hello,

I am completely new to Apache and Apache Modules, and so I'd be grateful if
someone could tell me whether it might be possible to write a module that takes
elements of the request and makes a request to another web server at an
arbitrary URL?

I don't want to redirect the client, I just want to be able to get the request,
look for elements in the query string of the request, make an asynchronous http
request to another web server, meanwhile the original request is handled in the
normal way.

Many Thanks,
Peter

Re: Apache mods - possible to send request on?

Posted by Ray Morris <su...@bettercgi.com>.
> write a module that takes
> elements of the request and makes a request to another web server at
> an
> arbitrary URL?

See the proxy modules for examples.
--
Ray Morris
support@bettercgi.com

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/

http://www.bettercgi.com/throttlebox/

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On 14 Sep 2010, at 18:33, Paul Donaldson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am completely new to Apache and Apache Modules, and so I'd be grateful if
> someone could tell me whether it might be possible to write a module that takes
> elements of the request and makes a request to another web server at an
> arbitrary URL?

Yes of course you can!

You can run a subrequest that'll use mod_proxy.  Or you can use your choice
of HTTP client code.

--
Nick Kew