Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@apache.org> on 2020/03/10 21:00:09 UTC

[Progress Update] Improvements to the Apache Beam website - Phase 1

Hello everyone,

As per our previous discussion [1], we are ready to move forward with the
1st phase of our project plan and migrate the Beam website to Docsy [2].
Please review the doc and discussion to see the background for the change.
Also feel free to ask any questions and share any feedback you might have
in this thread.

We have partnered with a 3rd party vendor - Polidea- to execute the
migration, and will be sharing progress updates and collecting feedback on
the dev@ list.

Hope you are all well and stay healthy,

Aizhamal

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfab4cc1411318c3f4667bee051df68f37be11846ada877f3576c41a9%40%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E

[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HlRHfmc9MvKkFEf2gfIL3RYVxTmBXQL4sXjAGGOjeiI/edit#heading=h.5rqdbnson7px

Re: [Progress Update] Improvements to the Apache Beam website - Phase 1

Posted by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@apache.org>.
Hi Kenn,

The transition will occur in the next 6-8 weeks as estimated by the
vendors. For now, there will be no changes to the workflow. Once we start
contributing pull requests to migrate the website, we'll communicate on the
dev@ list to hold off other PRs. We'll also make sure to update cwiki on
how to make website changes for everyone.
Thanks!

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.