Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Richard Pelavin <ri...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/21 18:09:04 UTC

Question about getting started with spark shell

Hi,
I have been going through getting started with the spark shell to ignite
1.4.0. I got spark 1.3.1 to work by simply following instructions. However
when I tries to use spark shell 1.5.1 I am not getting it to work. I am
thinking it is config problem on my server, but wanted to double check that
spark 1.5.1 is supported.

Here is what I did:

 bin/spark-shell --packages org.apache.ignite:ignite-spark:1.4.0
--repositories
http://www.gridgainsystems.com/nexus/content/repositories/external

(I have spark matser specfied in config file).

When I did

import org.apache.ignite.spark._

import org.apache.ignite.configuration._

val ic = new IgniteContext[Integer, Integer](sc, () => new
IgniteConfiguration())

Got error:

class org.apache.ignite.IgniteIllegalStateException: Grid instance was not
properly started or was already stopped: null

        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx.grid(IgnitionEx.java:1190)

        at org.apache.ignite.Ignition.ignite(Ignition.java:515)

        at
org.apache.ignite.spark.IgniteContext.ignite(IgniteContext.scala:150)

I know the ignite daemon was up and running:

Thanks in advance for help,
Rich

Re: Question about getting started with spark shell

Posted by Rich Pelavin <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Artem,
As an update, turned out my specific problem was that I was running spark and ignite daemons under two different linux users. Thanks to Cos in helping diagnoses this.
- Rich

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Artem Shutak <as...@gridgain.com>.
Actually, a ticket for the problem already exists (and there's a pacth):

Re: Question about getting started with spark shell

Posted by Richard Pelavin <ri...@gmail.com>.
Just tried spark 1.4.1 and that worked fine too.