Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Christopher L. Everett" <ce...@ceverett.com> on 2000/11/25 12:20:32 UTC

Need help with Apache::AuthTicket

In the docs for Apache::AuthTicket it says you need to specify

PerlSetVar FooTicketLoginHandler /foologin
PerlSetVar FooLoginScript        /foologinform

and then you need to add

<Location /foologin>
  AuthType Apache::AuthTicket
  AuthName Foo
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::AuthTicket->login
</Location>

<Location /foologinform>
  AuthType Apache::AuthTicket
  AuthName Foo
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::AuthTicket->login_screen
</Location>

Since I am using a front-end proxy, I have this in the
httpd-lite.conf:

ProxyRequests    On
ProxyPass        /secure/ httpd://localhost:8080/secure/
ProxyPassReverse /secure/ httpd://localhost:8080/secure/

and I do this in the httpd-perl.conf:

PerlSetVar PhysempTicketLoginHandler /secure/login
PerlSetVar PhysempLoginScript        /secure/loginform

and then I added

<Location /secure/login>
  AuthType Apache::AuthTicket
  AuthName Physemp
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::AuthTicket->login
</Location>

<Location /secure/loginform>
  AuthType Apache::AuthTicket
  AuthName Physemp
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::AuthTicket->login_screen
</Location>

so that /secure/login gets proxied back with everything else.
My problem is that when I access the /secure, I get the login
screen OK, but when I login, I keep getting hte login screen and
403 Access Forbidden errors in the httpd-perl log, but even with
$Apache::AuthTicket::DEBUG = 1 and including

PerlSetVar AuthCookieDebug 3

in the conf file, I have no clue why the login fails over and
over.  Does anyone have a clue for me?

Thanks ...

  --Christopher