Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Damien Fitzpatrick <da...@ephox.com> on 2004/07/01 01:29:06 UTC

Using Document Fragments with XInclude

Hi there,

I currently have a set of docbook documentation that contains XIncludes
which reference document fragments using XPointers.  In the past I have
used Xerces as my XML parser for my XML to PDF conversion process, which
uses Xalan for processing.  However, with my latest set of documentation
(with the XIncludes) Xerces does not handle document fragments
correctly, or at all for that matter.  I have read the FAQ and realize
that this is an outstanding issue with Xerces.  My question is, does
anyone know when XIncludes for document fragments will be correctly
implemented in Xerces or can anyone recommend a different XML parser
that I can use in the meantime?

Thanks in advance,

Damien