Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rogier Peters <ro...@hivemind.nl> on 2005/03/16 09:09:20 UTC

[OT]MoonEdit collaborative editor

Some time ago there was a discussion about collaborative editors other than
SubEthaEdit which is OSX only. It seems that MoonEdit ( http://moonedit.com/ )
is a multiplatform SubEthaClone that does just that.
No Rendezvous autodiscovery, but it does have a server-mode to share a whole
directory at once. Not open source but free for non-commercial use.

Rogier

Re: [OT]MoonEdit collaborative editor

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 16 mars 05, à 11:12, Jorg Heymans a écrit :
>
>> ...These tools would be a lot more useful if you could collaborate
>> using drawings as well, sort of like a shared MSPaint session. I mean
>> there are tools out there, but they are all in the multiple 1000EUR
>> range.
>>
>> Has anyone come accross anything affordable (apart from the
>> VNC-MSPaint-Notepad combo) that gives this functionality ?..
>

> Yes: Coccinella, http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/
> Last time I tested it it rocked.

Awesome tool, thanks for the tip!! My google searches must be getting
weak :)

Jorg

Re: [OT]MoonEdit collaborative editor

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 16 mars 05, à 11:12, Jorg Heymans a écrit :

> ...These tools would be a lot more useful if you could collaborate
> using drawings as well, sort of like a shared MSPaint session. I mean
> there are tools out there, but they are all in the multiple 1000EUR
> range.
>
> Has anyone come accross anything affordable (apart from the
> VNC-MSPaint-Notepad combo) that gives this functionality ?..

Yes: Coccinella, http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/
Last time I tested it it rocked.

-Bertrand

Re: [OT]MoonEdit collaborative editor

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Rogier Peters wrote:
> Some time ago there was a discussion about collaborative editors other than
> SubEthaEdit which is OSX only. It seems that MoonEdit ( http://moonedit.com/ )
> is a multiplatform SubEthaClone that does just that.
> No Rendezvous autodiscovery, but it does have a server-mode to share a whole
> directory at once. Not open source but free for non-commercial use.

These tools would be a lot more useful if you could collaborate using
drawings as well, sort of like a shared MSPaint session. I mean there
are tools out there, but they are all in the multiple 1000EUR range.

Has anyone come accross anything affordable (apart from the
VNC-MSPaint-Notepad combo) that gives this functionality ?

Regards
Jorg