Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/03/07 09:41:14 UTC

Supporting wchar on Axis2/C

Hi all,

In order to have support for Unicode, we'll have to switch to wchar
instead of char. And, replace the strxx() methods with wstrxx() methods.
This is not that much of a trouble. However, the real issue is that we'll
have to define all strings as L"string" instead of "string". Thus, I
propose that we use a macro for this purpose, name AXIS2_STRING() for this
purpose. Doing so, we can integrate wchar support to the existing source
without disturbing it's present functionality.

There are several users who've been interested in this feature, and I hope
that this is a genuine requirement, when thinking about expanding our user
base.

Regards,
Senaka