Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by AAron nAAs <aa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/30 17:29:10 UTC

need request lifecycle diagram

Does anyone know of a good request lifecycle diagram showing all the steps
in satisfying a Java Server request?

I'd like to see the exact ordering of all the components that a request goes
through such as Authentication, Filters, Listeners, Valves, etc... Either a
vendor specific or a generic Java Server diagram would suffice.

Everything I've found so far talks about one of these at a time, so the big
picture is never revealed. I want to know, for instance, if filters are
applied before or after authentication.

Thanks,
-AAron