Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by srikanth peddireddy <sr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/06/22 06:49:30 UTC

A doubt on "Retrieve All Embedded Resources from HTML Files" setting

HI ,
 I have a doubt on "Retrieve All Embedded Resources from HTML Files" setting.

My Web App which is under test mostly contains the web pages which in turn contain other JSP pages (in frame sets). Those JSP pages in turn may contain some images, CSS files etc embedded in them.
Structure mnight be like this

Page-1

  |___Page1A  (Actual content +spme images + CSS ....)
  |___Page1B  (Actual content +spme images + CSS ....)

Page-2

  |___Page2A  (Actual content +spme images + CSS ....)
  |___Page2B  (Actual content +spme images + CSS ....)

Now Iam adding http requests samplers for Page1 and Page2 inmy test to a thread group and selecting  the "Retrieve All Embedded Resources from HTML Files" option sothat it also retrieves "sub-pages" .
But it is also retriving all images etc also along woth sub jsps.
Is there anyway to restric this
Iam doing like this bcoz when a user requests Page1 from browser it will automatically downloads page1A and page1B. So if I have to simulate the realtime situation I have to retreive Page1A and PAge1B also along with Page1 as browser will not cache them (we dont want it that way). But browser can cache the images etc. So i dont want to reteive them during test.

I hope my problem is clear.

regards
Srikanth.P

Disclaimer
This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary
or legally privileged information. It should not be used by
anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you
have erroneously received this message, please delete it
immediately and notify the sender.

The views, opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this electronic mail are those of the
individual sender and not endorsed by SDG Software
Technologies Pvt. Ltd. unless otherwise indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.

Before opening any attachment please check them for viruses
and defects. SDG Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. shall not
accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachment(s).

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends n family photos for FREE with Yahoo! Photos.
 http://in.photos.yahoo.com