Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Olivier Gies <ol...@bull.net> on 2008/08/25 06:04:59 UTC

Control repository access

Hi,

I am switching our build processes to Maven, and investigating the
possibilities to control repository access.

More precisely, I would like to configure the settings.xml and/or
pom.xml so that maven does NOT try to access the Maven central
repository, but only our internal repository.

At the moment, using default values, Maven will always download its own
requirements (plugins, etc.) from the Maven repositories, and from both
the central and our internal for project dependencies.

Is there any way to prevent Maven from accessing central rep ?

Thanks,
Olivier

--

*Olivier Gies*

*Delivery Manager
Customs & Tax Software Engineering Center
Bull, Architect of an Open World ^TM
Phone: +86 (10) 65978001 - Ext 555 *

*www.bull.com <http://www.bull.com/>*

*This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies.*

Re: Control repository access

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
see "using a single repository" here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

Cheers,
Brett

2008/8/25 Olivier Gies <ol...@bull.net>:
> Hi,
>
> I am switching our build processes to Maven, and investigating the
> possibilities to control repository access.
>
> More precisely, I would like to configure the settings.xml and/or pom.xml so
> that maven does NOT try to access the Maven central repository, but only our
> internal repository.
>
> At the moment, using default values, Maven will always download its own
> requirements (plugins, etc.) from the Maven repositories, and from both the
> central and our internal for project dependencies.
>
> Is there any way to prevent Maven from accessing central rep ?
>
> Thanks,
> Olivier
>
> --
>
> *Olivier Gies*
>
> *Delivery Manager
> Customs & Tax Software Engineering Center
> Bull, Architect of an Open World ^TM
> Phone: +86 (10) 65978001 - Ext 555 *
>
> *www.bull.com <http://www.bull.com/>*
>
> *This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole use of the
> intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or
> forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.*

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/