Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/03/12 15:17:44 UTC

[Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by SharonLourduraj

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SharonLourduraj:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MathWishList

The comment on the change is:
Added Prime Numbers Functionality

   * QR decomposition (used for multiple regression)
   * Replace some of the discrete pmf and pdf methods with methods based on Catherine Loader's alogorithms [http://www.herine.net/stat/papers/dbinom.pdf].  These algorithms address some of the problems we experienced with large parameter values and have been adopted by many software packages including R.
   * Implement the Levenberg-Marquardt method [http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Levenberg-MarquardtMethod.html] -- CarlManaster
-
+  * Prime Numbers Functionality [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primality_test] -- SharonLourduraj
+       * Naive Primality Testing
+       * Probablistic Tests
+       * Ofcourse, we will take it slowly, this area is vast and time consuming.
+       * Implementing algorithms for practicality, and look into optimizing the algorithms (in terms of implementing it).