Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Balamuraly <ba...@integra-india.com> on 2004/11/09 16:30:56 UTC

XSL-FO Specification

Hello All,

We are very interested in XSL-FO concepts.

Can you please clarify the Specification version of XSL-FO as per W3C.

What are the limitations in this version?

When is the next version is going to be released?

What are the points that will be addressed in the next version in the current limitations?

It will be really helpful if you give this details.
thanks and regards,
bala

Re: XSL-FO Specification

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Balamuraly wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We are very interested in XSL-FO concepts.
>
> Can you please clarify the Specification version of XSL-FO as per W3C.
>
> What are the limitations in this version?

See the compliance page for details:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html

> When is the next version is going to be released?

Open Source Development is very different to commercial development. There are
no project plans. It is likely to be a long time before the redesigned code is
ready for release.

> What are the points that will be addressed in the next version in the
> current limitations?

The main purpose of the redesigned code is to facilitate the implementation of
keep-* properties.

Chris

Re: XSL-FO Specification

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Nov 9, 2004, at 8:24 AM, Clay Leeds wrote:
<snip>
> On a side note, I'll probably be adding a link to the
> XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com mailing list to our FOP Resources page. I see
> you already have posts from some of our committers there.
>
> [1]
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
> [2]
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/maillist.html

I see you're already on this page! :-) I'll be adding you (and the
other Mailing Lists to the FOP Resources page.

> [3]
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/status.html
> [4]
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/dev/

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>

Re: XSL-FO Specification

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Nov 9, 2004, at 7:30 AM, Balamuraly wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We are very interested in XSL-FO concepts.
>
> Can you please clarify the Specification version of XSL-FO as per W3C.
>
> What are the limitations in this version?

These questions are answered in detail here[1].

> When is the next version is going to be released?

That has not yet been clearly defined, although a search of the fop-dev
archives (see the FOP Mailing List page[2]) will provide more insight.

> What are the points that will be addressed in the next version in the
> current limitations?

You may find information on this topic by reading the FOP Status
page[3]. Also, the fop-dev archives may provide more insight here, as
well. Finally the FOP Development: General Information page[4] has even
more information.

> It will be really helpful if you give this details.
>
> thanks and regards,
> bala

I hope this helps you find what you are looking for. We welcome
contributors, so if you are interested in contributing, please let us
know.