Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jehan procaccia <je...@it-sudparis.eu> on 2008/01/31 16:11:05 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap AUTHENTICATE_* Env variables ?

hello,

in the doc:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#exposed
it is said that " all LDAP attributes returned by the query are placed
in the environment, using environment variables with the prefix
"AUTHENTICATE_"
however I cannot see these "AUTHENTICATE_<attr>=value" in my
environement variable !?

my test is based on a simple perl script which show environement variables :

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
foreach $var (sort(keys(%ENV))) {
    $val = $ENV{$var};
    print "${var}=\"${val}\"\n";
}

my .htaccess file contains

<Limit GET POST>
 AuthType CAS
 AuthName "INT auth"
 AuthLDAPUrl
"ldap://ldap4.int-evry.fr/dc=int-evry,dc=fr?uid,mail,cn,eduPersonAffiliation"
 Require ldap-attribute     eduPersonAffiliation=employee
 </Limit>

Hence, I was expected viriable like AUTHENTICATE_uid ,
AUTHENTICATE_mail, AUTHENTICATE_cn and AUTHENTICATE_eduPersonAffiliation
. None show up, not even in php_info() script :-( . How these variables
can be available  ?
I'am on centos5 with httpd-2.2.3
Thanks

PS: similar question with no solutions:
http://www.techlists.org/archives/web/apache-users/2003-10/msg00651.shtml
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Otheus/Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER/code

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap AUTHENTICATE_* Env variables ?

Posted by jehan procaccia <je...@it-sudparis.eu>.
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2008 12:59 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 31, 2008 12:16 PM, jehan procaccia
>> <je...@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
>>

>>> I do enter in mod_auth_cas for authn, then authz is supposed to be
>>> carried out from mod_authnz_ldap,
>>>
>> Peaking at the source, it looks like mod_authnz_ldap only sets this
>> when it authenticates (checks the password) for a request, and not
>> when it does authorization (checks a Require)
>>

> Which is vacuously true of mod_authn_dbd (emphasis on authn).  Looks
> like a doc bug or a feature request :/

I confirm that I get the env variable when using pure mod_authzn_ldap
config, exemple:

<Directory /var/www/html/jehan/cgi3/>
AuthType Basic
  AuthName "calaz"
  AuthBasicProvider "ldap"
AuthLDAPUrl
"ldap://calaz.int-evry.fr/dc=int-evry,dc=fr?uid,mail,cn,eduPersonAffiliation"
  authzldapauthoritative Off
  require valid-user

ldap logs when connecting
Feb  5 12:12:38 localhost slapd[16931]: conn=3 op=1 SRCH attr=uid mail
cn eduPersonAffiliation

 printenv.pl do show among others:
AUTHENTICATE_EDUPERSONAFFILIATION --> employee
AUTHENTICATE_MAIL --> test.test@int-edu.eu
AUTHENTICATE_CN --> test Test

But as soon as I cascade our mod_auth_cas SSO authn module , I loose
these AUTHENTICATE_*  env variables :-( .

##AuthType Basic
##  AuthName "calaz"
 AuthType CAS
 AuthName "CAS SSO"
AuthLDAPUrl
"ldap://calaz.int-evry.fr/dc=int-evry,dc=fr?uid,mail,cn,eduPersonAffiliation"
  authzldapauthoritative Off
  require valid-user

I do see the ldap request:
Feb  5 12:20:07 localhost slapd[16931]: conn=5 op=1 SRCH attr=uid mail
cn eduPersonAffiliation

but attributes are not available in http env variable anymore .

Is there a way to get these variable AUTHENTICATE_* with an other authn
module ?

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap AUTHENTICATE_* Env variables ?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap AUTHENTICATE_* Env variables ?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jehan procaccia <je...@it-sudparis.eu>.
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2008 10:11 AM, jehan procaccia
> <je...@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
>
>> hello,
>> however I cannot see these "AUTHENTICATE_<attr>=value" in my
>> environement variable !?
>>

>> my .htaccess file contains
>>
>> <Limit GET POST>
>>  AuthType CAS
>>  AuthName "INT auth"
>>  AuthLDAPUrl
>> "ldap://ldap4.int-evry.fr/dc=int-evry,dc=fr?uid,mail,cn,eduPersonAffiliation"
>>  Require ldap-attribute     eduPersonAffiliation=employee
>>  </Limit>
>>

> Are you sure authn/authz are even occuring?  No AuthBasicProvider &&
> no AuthUserFile in 2.2.x?

I do enter in mod_auth_cas for authn, then authz is supposed to be
carried out from mod_authnz_ldap, I can confirm that I do get
authenticated by mod_auth_cas then I do see an ldap request on the ldap
server for eduPersonAffiliation=employee, and if the user connecting
contains student instead of "employee", he do get an "authorization
refused". Does that prove that authn/authz are even occuring ?
what do you mean by

No AuthBasicProvider &&
no AuthUserFile in 2.2.x?

thanks .

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap AUTHENTICATE_* Env variables ?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jehan procaccia <je...@it-sudparis.eu>.
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:11:05 +0100
> jehan procaccia <je...@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
>

>> I'am on centos5 with httpd-2.2.3
>>

> Read the CHANGES file.  I don't recollect exactly when it happened,
> but I'm pretty sure those variables were added more recently than
> 2.2.3.

I can't see anything regarding "mod_authnz_ldap AUTHENTICATE_" on
http://apache.crihan.fr/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.2
I just gave it a try on fedora 7 Apache/2.2.6, no way :-( .
If you can confirm me since which release it is available ?

Thanks .

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap AUTHENTICATE_* Env variables ?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

http://www.apachetutor.org/