Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stuart Moore <SM...@neverfailgroup.com> on 2002/06/20 15:17:21 UTC

Listing targets and their dependants

Hi,

Our build.xml file is becoming quite long with many dependant tasks, and I
was wondering if there is a way to get a breakdown by task that lists all
the dependant targets. Whilst -projecthelp is a useful summary it is not
very verbose.

Has anyone else tackled this before and found a suitable solution.

Thanks in advance

Stu

Stuart Moore
QA Engineer
Neverfail(tm) Group

t: +44 (0)870 777 1500
f: +44 (0)870 774 2211

e: smoore@neverfailgroup.com
w: www.neverfailgroup.com
For news on business continuity worldwide visit: www.globalcontinuity.com

Re: Listing targets and their dependants

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Have a look back at the archives for (around June 10) for the ant2dot XSL.
Its quite slick - essentially a build.xml -> XSL -> DOT file format, and
then run that through the dot executable to generate a dependency graph.

    Erik