Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Haijia Zhou <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/14 21:17:55 UTC

Show job progress when using JDBC to run HIVE query

Hi, All
 I have am writing a Hive client to run a Hive query using Hive JDBC driver.
 Since the data amount is huge I really would like to see the progress when
the query is running.
 Is there anyway I can get the job progress?
Thanks
Haijia

Re: Show job progress when using JDBC to run HIVE query

Posted by Haijia Zhou <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for all the answers and suggestions.
Looks like one hacky workaround is to check the hadoop task status. But for
my project it's way too much cost.

Posted by Bennie Schut <bs...@ebuddy.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
One try you can give. As you run a hive query it in turn runs
a map-reduce at server, over there you can capture the progress of that map
and reduce percentage and send client side for progress bar or feedback

Regards

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: Show job progress when using JDBC to run HIVE query

Posted by MiaoMiao <li...@gmail.com>.