Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org> on 2011/09/26 10:23:29 UTC

Application has thrown exception, unwinding now null

Hi,

sometimes i am encountering this exception when processing webservice requests.

Application has thrown exception, unwinding now null

The scary thing is, i dont know whats happening because normally "null" should be the parent exception but there is none. Of course i dont have any clue whats going wrong in my business code. I even have a large try/catch where i log everything and re-throw but simply nothing.

PhaseInterceptor from CXF is not of much help here ;-)

Can somebody point me to the right direction where to look at?

Thanks a lot.

---
regards
Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org
http://www.logentis.de

Re: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now null

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.

>> PhaseInterceptor from CXF is not of much help here ;-)
>>
>> Can somebody point me to the right direction where to look at?
>>

> Can you provide more info please, when do you see such exceptions ?
>
> Cheers, Sergey

This happens somewhere inside my webservice method. My client has a resend mechanism and two hours later everything works with the same dataset.
The problem is of course the investigation because all i see is this quite non-usable error message from CXF which is placed in my log file.

The issue is that "null" should never appear in my log because this is a pretty useless info.

Perhaps doDefaultLogging in PhaseInterceptorChain should be modified....

Marc

Re: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now null

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi -