Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leandro Prado <le...@outlook.com.br> on 2014/04/15 21:20:18 UTC

Alter default .war file location

Hi,

I configuring a pom.xml in my project and configured  to generate a .war file

<project>

  <packaging>war</packaging>

</project>

The .war is generated in the target/project.war directory

My question is, how to configure the target location on generated the .war file? For example (publish/project.war)

Tks

Leandro Prado

Re: Alter default .war file location

Posted by Randal Kamradt <ra...@kamradtfamily.net>.
There’s probably a way to hoodwink Maven into putting the war file somewhere special, but my preference would be to create an explicit step via, say, the ant plugin that copied it from target (where it is expected) to where ever you would like it to go.

IMHO this is a clearer way of going about this, and someone else looking at the pom would probably have an easier time picking up on what you are trying to do