Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Naveen MC <na...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/17 15:01:41 UTC

Query: Running a Sample Web application in Tomcat

Hi,

I am trying to execute a Sample web application (calculator-webapp) from the
tuscany-sca-0.91-incubating Release. I am using "Tomcat V 6.0" as a
application server. The original sample which is there in the release will
get executed fine and i can able to see the results.
    But In the same sample, i modified few things and added one more service
and built the WAR file. If i try to run this, i get the following error.

I could able to test the new service by building the sample using MVN (
using JUnit assertEquals, that is comparing the expected result with the
result returned by the service), it works fine. But when i try to run the
same using Eclipse with Tomcat v6.0.

*type* Exception report

*message*

*description* *The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.*

*exception*

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:541)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:435)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

*root cause*

java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.apache.jsp.calc_jsp._jspService(calc_jsp.java:63)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:393)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

Please let me know if anyone had faced the similar problem.
Thanks

Regards,
Naveen. MC

Re: Query: Running a Sample Web application in Tomcat

Posted by Naveen MC <na...@gmail.com>.
On 8/20/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/17/07, Naveen MC <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to execute a Sample web application (calculator-webapp) from
> > the
> > tuscany-sca-0.91-incubating Release. I am using "Tomcat V 6.0" as a
> > application server. The original sample which is there in the release
> will
> > get executed fine and i can able to see the results.
> >     But In the same sample, i modified few things and added one more
> > service
> > and built the WAR file. If i try to run this, i get the following error.
> >
> > I could able to test the new service by building the sample using MVN (
> > using JUnit assertEquals, that is comparing the expected result with the
> > result returned by the service), it works fine. But when i try to run
> the
> > same using Eclipse with Tomcat v6.0.
> >
> > *type* Exception report
> >
> > *message*
> >
> > *description* *The server encountered an internal error () that
> prevented
> > it
> > from fulfilling this request.*
> >
> > *exception*
> >
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(
> > JspServletWrapper.java:541)
> >         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(
> > JspServletWrapper.java:435)
> >         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(
> > JspServlet.java:320)
> >         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java
> :266)
> >         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >
> > *root cause*
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         org.apache.jsp.calc_jsp._jspService(calc_jsp.java:63)
> >         org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java
> :70)
> >         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(
> > JspServletWrapper.java:393)
> >         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(
> > JspServlet.java:320)
> >         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java
> :266)
> >         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >

> > Please let me know if anyone had faced the similar problem.
> > Thanks
> >
> > Regards,
> > Naveen. MC
> >

> Hard to tell just from that exception, could you paste into an email the
> new
> .composite file contents?
>
>   ...ant

Hi Ant,

here is the composit file. I just added a new service called
 "squareRootService"  and "SquareRootServiceImpl" impliments the same.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
 * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
 * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
 * KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
 * specific language governing permissions and limitations
 * under the License.
-->
<composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"
           name="Calculator">

    <component name="CalculatorServiceComponent">
  <implementation.java class="calculator.CalculatorServiceImpl"/>
        <reference name="addService"
target="AddServiceComponent"></reference>
        <reference name="subtractService"
target="SubtractServiceComponent"></reference>
        <reference name="multiplyService"
target="MultiplyServiceComponent"></reference>
        <reference name="divideService"
target="DivideServiceComponent"></reference>

  <reference name="squareRootService"
target="SquareRootServiceComponent"></reference>
 </component>

    <component name="AddServiceComponent">
        <implementation.java class="calculator.AddServiceImpl"/>
    </component>

    <component name="SubtractServiceComponent">
        <implementation.java class="calculator.SubtractServiceImpl"/>
    </component>

    <component name="MultiplyServiceComponent">
        <implementation.java class="calculator.MultiplyServiceImpl"/>
    </component>

    <component name="DivideServiceComponent">
        <implementation.java class="calculator.DivideServiceImpl"/>
    </component>

 <component name="SquareRootServiceComponent">
        <implementation.java class="calculator.SquareRootServiceImpl"/>
    </component>

</composite>

let me know if you can think of any soln for this.
Thanks
Naveen

Re: Query: Running a Sample Web application in Tomcat

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.