Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 03:44:43 UTC

Re: Xindice 1.1 - documentation - "Developer Guide" - correction

On Apr 28, 2009, at 8:43 AM, OKO wrote:

> The "Xindice 1.1 Developer Guide"
>   http://xml.apache.org/xindice/1.1/guide-developer.html
> says:
>
> BEGIN QUOTE
> Setting up Your Build Environment
> The following list of jars are required and should be made available
> on your
> CLASSPATH.
> All required jars can be found in xindice/java/lib
>
> xindice.jar - contains the main Xindice classes that are used by the
> client
> API.
> xmldb-common.jar, xmldb-api.jar, xmldb-api-sdk.jar, xmldb-
> xupdate.jar -
> contain implementations of the XML:DB API and XUpdate API.
> xml-apis.jar - contains Java XML APIs.
> xerces.jar - contains the Xerces XML parser.
> xalan.jar - contains the Xalan XSLT engine.
> commons-logging.jar - contains the Jakarta Commons Logging package.
>
> END QUOTE
>
> Comment:
>
> jars (for 1.1 in ) are found in
> - xindice/lib -- some here yes, but also ...
> - xindice/lib/endorsed -- xalan, xerces, xml-apis
> - xindice/  -- xindice
>
> Seems like a left-over from 1.0 documentation ;-)

Thanks for the info! Yes, it does appear to be somewhat outdated. I
will try to update it in the nearest future.

If you notice more problems with docs (or anything else for that
matter), please feel free to report it. Patches are always welcome,
too ;)

Natalia