Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin W. Gagel" <ga...@cnc.bc.ca> on 2004/12/10 19:38:24 UTC

Score to *'s not right?

I'm using a filtering rule that checks for a minimum amount
of *'s in the spam-level header. If it finds 6 or more then
the message is redirected to my spam folder for later
review.

I was suprised to see this message did not get redirected as
it scored 6. Yet the spam level has only 5 *'s.

I'm using SpamAssassin 3.01, any comments? Here are the
headers of the message.

Subject: ***SPAM 6.0*** Cheap online medication here
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:58:28 +0200
IP do not match, but should
1.2 RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO Received: contains an IP address used
for HELO
0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
2.3 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%
[score: 0.5001]
0.2 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME
parts
0.1 HTML_50_60 BODY: Message is 50% to 60% HTML
Y-UIDL: 1102696774.4892

=========================
Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
Information Technology Services
(250) 561-5848 local 448

The College of New Caledonia, Visit us at http://www.cnc.bc.ca
Virus scanning is done on all incoming and outgoing email.

RE: Score to *'s not right?

Posted by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org>.
> I'm using a filtering rule that checks for a minimum amount
> of *'s in the spam-level header. If it finds 6 or more then
> the message is redirected to my spam folder for later
> review.
>
> I was suprised to see this message did not get redirected as
> it scored 6. Yet the spam level has only 5 *'s.

Actually, I'd think this is probably in the FAQ by now. SA rounds the
score, so if it gets a 5.999, the score is rounded to 6.0, but the stars
field is set to the truncated whole number, or 5 *'s.

Bret