Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2017/03/17 15:22:35 UTC

Picking up Bigtop 1.2 release

Hi!

as was pointed out by the ASF board lately we haven't
had a release in quite some time. They are right -- release
early and release often is the only way to go. So, I'd like
to volunteer to be a co-{release manager} with Cos and
push 1.2 out ASAP.

Looking at
makes me think that we're 90% done with formalizing
the BOM. The only two things outstanding are:
    Bump Ignite to 1.8
    Bump Groovy version to 2.4.7

With Groovy I can take care of it myself. But with Ignite
I either need somebody to help, or given how long it is
outstanding, may be we can just leave it be. Please chime
in if you'd like to volunteer.

Looking at:
   https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/
makes me think that the biggest obstacle there is ARM64
which we should fix pretty soon. The rest looks reasonable.

With all of that in mind, I'd like to shoot for the first RC made
available over the next weekend.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Picking up Bigtop 1.2 release

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I did reply on the JIRA, worth repeating it on dev@

Ideally, I *would* love to be able to get to the RC1 point in two
weeks. But considering how plans are tend to be affected by all sorts
of the externalities, we might be looking at the longer timeframe.

Cos
--
  Take care,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@boudnik.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Hi Cos,

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@boudnik.org>.

Posted by "김영우 (YoungWoo Kim)" <yw...@apache.org>.
Thanks Cos!

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Yes.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Cos, thank you very much for your effort!

> BIGTOP-2673

I will work on this.

Olaf

Re: Picking up Bigtop 1.2 release