Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by " ( Pete Alvin )" <pa...@awebabove.com> on 2003/04/18 01:27:47 UTC

Can Tomcat 3.2.3 Run Multiple Domains? (Tomcat or Apache config?)

I've successfully had a single Java servlet application running for
some time using Apache + Tomcat 3.2.3 with the sole app in
webapps/ROOT for a single domain.

I put a *new* application in webapps/newDirectoryName and I *can*
invoke it by using this URL:

	http://www.myNewDomain/newDirectoryName/home.htm

But, what I really desire is to drop "newDirectoryName" from the
path, hence, using this URL brings up the *existing* legacy servlet
application instead of the *new* one:

	http://www.myNewDomain/home.htm

How can I configure Tomcat to recognize the new domain and therefore
run the *new* app in the newDirectoryName directory?

Can Tomcat be configured to do this?
Is this really an Apache configuration issue?
Is this really a connector configuration issue?

T H A N K S !
Pete Alvin