Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Shannon Duncan <jo...@liveramp.com> on 2019/09/27 14:48:19 UTC

Avro SortedKeyValueFile

Does beam support the avro SortedKeyValueFile
<https://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.6/api/java/org/apache/avro/hadoop/file/SortedKeyValueFile.html>?
Not able to find any documentation in beam area on this.

I need to be able to use either that or a MapFile for SequenceFiles to read
data from it's index and dig into those files at the exact byte offsets.
Also being able to write out files that are MapFile or SortedKeyValueFile
would be handy for creating the indexes and sorted files.

Thanks,
Shannon Duncan

Re: Avro SortedKeyValueFile

Posted by Shannon Duncan <jo...@liveramp.com>.
That was my fear. Will think on how to implement this correctly.

Posted by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
Not to my knowledge.