Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/09 17:38:26 UTC

Camel 3.X / Custom event notifier : expected events are not recieved

Hello.

Still working on porting old code from Camel 2.X to Camel 3.X, I have
a new issue. The EventNotifier in Camel 3.X is slightly refactored,
and I can't get the events I expect although my settings seem correct.

I'd like to get only event of Type :
- ExchangeCreated
- ExchangeFailed
- ExchangeCompleted
- ExchangeSent

I understand that for Exchange* events I have to accept ExchangeEvent.
But When I try to exclude ExchangeSending, ExchangeSent is not fired
anymore.

Here is my class :

public class MyEventNotifier extends EventNotifierSupport {

private Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(MyEventNotifier.class);

public MyEventNotifier() {
    setIgnoreCamelContextInitEvents(true);
    setIgnoreCamelContextEvents(true);
    setIgnoreRouteEvents(true);
    setIgnoreExchangeAsyncProcessingStartedEvents(true);
//  setIgnoreExchangeSendingEvents(true);
}

I've looked at the super classes, and I don't understand why Sent and
Sending should be linked...

Any ideas ? FYI I've tested it with 3.20.0 and 3.20.1, and both fail...

For now I can ignore ExchangeSending events, but I'd prefer to
understand how it works...

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Re: Camel 3.X / Custom event notifier : expected events are not recieved

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Do you confirm that ExchangeFailureHandling and ExchangeFailureHandled
are also sent with ExchangeFailed ?

Thanks.

Regards.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hello.
>
> So the best way to get my expected events is with my settings, and
> just ignoring "ExchangeSendingEvent", right ?
> Could you please confirm that no other event type that I had not
> already seen in my tests is linked to the selected ones ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards.
>
> Le lun. 9 janv. 2023 à 18:57, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> a écrit
> :
> >
> > Its optimized in core for these to be paired
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 6:38 PM Ephemeris Lappis <
> ephemeris.lappis@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > Still working on porting old code from Camel 2.X to Camel 3.X, I have
> > > a new issue. The EventNotifier in Camel 3.X is slightly refactored,
> > > and I can't get the events I expect although my settings seem correct.
> > >
> > > I'd like to get only event of Type :
> > > - ExchangeCreated
> > > - ExchangeFailed
> > > - ExchangeCompleted
> > > - ExchangeSent
> > >
> > > I understand that for Exchange* events I have to accept ExchangeEvent.
> > > But When I try to exclude ExchangeSending, ExchangeSent is not fired
> > > anymore.
> > >
> > > Here is my class :
> > >
> > > public class MyEventNotifier extends EventNotifierSupport {
> > >
> > > private Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(MyEventNotifier.class);
> > >
> > > public MyEventNotifier() {
> > >     setIgnoreCamelContextInitEvents(true);
> > >     setIgnoreCamelContextEvents(true);
> > >     setIgnoreRouteEvents(true);
> > >     setIgnoreExchangeAsyncProcessingStartedEvents(true);
> > > //  setIgnoreExchangeSendingEvents(true);
> > > }
> > >
> > > I've looked at the super classes, and I don't understand why Sent and
> > > Sending should be linked...
> > >
> > > Any ideas ? FYI I've tested it with 3.20.0 and 3.20.1, and both fail...
> > >
> > > For now I can ignore ExchangeSending events, but I'd prefer to
> > > understand how it works...
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Regards.
> > >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
@davsclaus

Re: Camel 3.X / Custom event notifier : expected events are not recieved

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--