Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2002/08/16 02:55:45 UTC

Re: Generate a build.xml from a Project?

No, nothing like this exists.  In fact, it would be rather difficult
(and perhaps impossible) to do at the moment as the tasks generally do
not have getters for their internal information, only setters.

If you find a way to do this, please share, though!  :)

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Cedric Beust wrote:

Datatypes, collections of properties, and filtersets (*ugh* - don't use
global filtersets please) - possibly more?!

RE: Generate a build.xml from a Project?

Posted by Cedric Beust <cb...@bea.com>.
> From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]

> > True, but the list of attributes and their values is still available

> > in each task's ConfigurableWrappers, so theoretically, all the
> > information is there.  Or did I miss something?
>
> Makes sense.  I'm not sure if that will work or not, but keep
> us posted.

It seems to work.  I need to see if I can also retrieve all the needed
information from Project.getTaskDefinitions().

--
Cédric

Re: Generate a build.xml from a Project?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Cedric Beust wrote:
>>From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
>

>>No, nothing like this exists.  In fact, it would be rather difficult
>>(and perhaps impossible) to do at the moment as the tasks
>>generally do  not have getters for their internal information, only
>
> setters.
>
> True, but the list of attributes and their values is still available in
> each task's ConfigurableWrappers, so theoretically, all the information
> is there.  Or did I miss something?

Makes sense.  I'm not sure if that will work or not, but keep us posted.

	Erik

RE: Generate a build.xml from a Project?

Posted by Cedric Beust <cb...@bea.com>.
> From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]

> No, nothing like this exists.  In fact, it would be rather difficult
> (and perhaps impossible) to do at the moment as the tasks
> generally do  not have getters for their internal information, only
setters.

True, but the list of attributes and their values is still available in
each task's ConfigurableWrappers, so theoretically, all the information
is there.  Or did I miss something?

> If you find a way to do this, please share, though!  :)

Will do.

--
Cédric