Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2016/07/01 12:33:24 UTC

RE: Automatic Language Identification

+1 to langdetect

In Tika 2.0, we're going to remove our own language detection code and allow users to select Optimaize (fork of langdetect), MIT Lincoln Lab’s Text.jl library or Yalder (https://github.com/kkrugler/yalder).  The first two are now available in Tika 1.13.

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
We should add a simple filter in Solr for this. The current way requires
indexing.

https://github.com/kkrugler/yalder is good, it would be a great filter:

if NOT english, fail the whole text.

--