Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Manik Surtani <ma...@espadanet.com> on 2000/02/10 05:37:49 UTC

Problem with Apache/JServ

Hi,
I have Tomcat 3.0 working just fine.  WOrks like a dream, with Sun's
JDK1.2.2 for Linux - running on RedHat 6.1.

But for some weird reason, I can't seem to get it to work with apache.
Currently, I use Tomcat's built in webserver on port 8080 ... I followed
the Tomcat+apache howto, and included the

Include /path/to/tomcat/etc/tomcat.conf

line ...

And apache just wont start unless i comment that line out in
httpd.conf!!  I also have php3 as a DSO in my apache ..... would that
make a diff?

Help mucho apprecated, lads!  Cheers!
--
Manik Surtani
Chief Technology Officer

* The best in e-commerce solutions *

Re: Problem with Apache/JServ

Posted by Cynthia Jeness <cj...@goldencode.com>.
I use Apache, Blackdown's JDK1.2.2 and Tomcat 3.0 on RedHat 6.1.  I start
Tomcat AFTER Apache as stated in the documentation and it has been working just
fine for a couple of months.   Are there any errors in your Apache log that
might shed some light on the problem?

Cyntia Jeness

Posted by Edward Demetrio Pacheco <ed...@melior.com>.
I was having a similar problem (Apache not starting) earlier today, and was able
to fix it by examing the httpd error log (/var/log/httpd/error on my somewhat
tweaked Redhat/i386 box).  It turns out that the log indicated that Apache could
not locate default directory for the jserv log.  After I created the directory,
everything worked like a charm.  If this is not your error, I imagine the httpd
log could give you more information at the very least.

Posted by Alex Yiu <ay...@us.oracle.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tim Drury <td...@mindspring.com>.

Posted by Manik Surtani <ma...@espadanet.com>.