Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2015/06/12 16:32:45 UTC

[FalconJX][FlexJS] JS.SWC in Nightly Build (was [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Installer 3.2)

On 6/12/15, 7:02 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Doing the RC is still behind trying to get Mike’s JS.swc in the FlexJS
>> Nightly and refactoring the Installer source for the Git-Split.
>

>Alex, what does this mean?
>
>Mike

That folks can install FlexJS Nightly, run js/bin/jsc MyASFile.as and get
js files out.

-Alex

Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS] JS.SWC in Nightly Build (was [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Installer 3.2)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 6/12/15, 8:55 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Ok, I am confused again. I thought with FlexJS you were required to have a
>Main.mxml file, not .as, am I wrong?

FlexJS can support AS-only projects as well. See
examples/DataBindingTest_as (of course I haven’t tried that recently).

>BTW, So the JS.swc is working in FB ok?

Haven’t gotten that far yet.  Need the Falcon build to pass and work in
the Installer.  Should find out today.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK, got rid of the CSS.  The JS output now looks like:

/**
 * Main
 *
 * @fileoverview
 *
 * @suppress {checkTypes}
 */
goog.provide('Main');

/**
 * @constructor
 */
Main = function() {
};

/**
 * @expose
 */
Main.prototype.start = function() {
  var self = this;
  var /** @type {Element} */ element = document.createElement("button");
  element.onclick = function() {
    alert("Hello browser from FalconJX!");
  };
  element.textContent = "Say Hello";
  document.body.appendChild(element);
};

/**
 * Metadata
 *
 * @type {Object.<string, Array.<Object>>}
 */
Main.prototype.FLEXJS_CLASS_INFO = { names: [{ name: 'Main', qName:
'Main'}] };

// Ensures the symbol will be visible after compiler renaming.
goog.exportSymbol('Main', Main);

Have fun,
-Alex

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 6/15/15, 2:53 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Let us know if it doesn’t work for you.
> >
> >Alex, Is this post aimed at me?
>
> No, hopefully there are other folks trying this stuff out.

Haha, this is a funny thought. Yeah or it's like 3 or 4 of us talking to
each other.

> >I knew the dependency thing was going to have to be worked out, the AMD
> >emitter collects deps, static and other things. The Randori emitter also
> >had a way to collect deps.
>
> IMO, dependencies are already collected, that’s how we spit out the
> correct goog.requires.  See FlexJSProject and GoogDepsWriter.  I haven’t
> looked at the other JS dependency systems, but hopefully they map easily
> to the data we have.

Just testing you, I know about that stuff. :)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
> Let us know if it doesn’t work for you.

Alex, Is this post aimed at me?

I knew the dependency thing was going to have to be worked out, the AMD
emitter collects deps, static and other things. The Randori emitter also
had a way to collect deps.

I might actually just implement the Randori version since it keeps a model
of various things and would allow the emitter to do it's job during the
emit phase.

If it worked good, I have to look at it again, I can just move the goog
specific stuff into a dependency emitter or something.

Mike

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, In retrospect, I don't know if I am doing this right. This is what I
get for not having JS experience. :)

I know I am creating the packages right but I guess access wise, I don't
need it... The cross compiler should just resolve these things like you do
with qualifiedNames.

I guess I need to stop for a while. :)

Well that part only took me 30 minutes, it was figuring out all the
package/namespace object literal stuff.

Let me know if you see any flaws in my thinking.

Mike

Mike

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Michael Schmalle <teotigraphixllc@gmail.com

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
You know, I am being an idiot, I can work on compilers but it the simple
things that confuse me. What is the correct way to test nightlies of
FlexJS? I tried building the installer.xml in flex-asjs and it totally
screwed up the folder.

So what should I have setup to test the compiler with FlexJS projects?

Mike

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Michael Schmalle <

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I didn’t try MXML, just AS.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.