Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Valia Tsagkalidou <gr...@di.uoa.gr> on 2006/03/09 18:23:24 UTC

how can I install wsrp4j?

Dear all,

I'm trying to install wsrp4j for a long time, but I cannot succeed :-(.
I followed the instructions from the web site, one by one but I was always
getting exceptions.

I want to install wsrp with uportal as portal engine.

I would like to ask you if wsrp can run with java 1.4.2 or not.
Additionally, it would be really helpful if you could provide me with a
howto file containing the steps I must follow in order to successfully
install wsrp4j.
I think that the greatest problem is the versioning problem, so it would be
nice if you could tell me under which java version your wsrp
producer/consumer runs.

Thanks in advance,
Valia Tsagkalidou.

Re: how can I install wsrp4j?

Posted by Rohnny Moland <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Valia,

On 03/09/2006 06:23 PM, Valia Tsagkalidou wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to install wsrp4j for a long time, but I cannot succeed :-(.
> I followed the instructions from the web site, one by one but I was always
> getting exceptions.
>
> I want to install wsrp with uportal as portal engine.

This may help:
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-wsrp4j-user/200603.mbox/%3c44059E34.1080909@apache.org%3e>.

I tried it less a week ago using svn head, and it worked using
jetspeed-2 as the portal. I have little knowledge of uportal, but think
it uses pluto as the portlet container, and then I cannot see any reason
why it should'nt work there as well.

> I would like to ask you if wsrp can run with java 1.4.2 or not.
> Additionally, it would be really helpful if you could provide me with a
> howto file containing the steps I must follow in order to successfully
> install wsrp4j.
> I think that the greatest problem is the versioning problem, so it would be
> nice if you could tell me under which java version your wsrp
> producer/consumer runs.

Im using java 5.0, but cannot see any reason why it shouldnt work with
java 1.4. Just be sure java has been installed/is running correctly in
your environment, before installing wsrp4j.

Hope this helps,
Rohnny

Ps. I think svn head is broken when using maven 2, but maven 1.0.2 works
fine. I get a bunch of errors in the consumer module, at least the
portlet api needs to be added as a dependency.. Could someone with
commit access fix this? Or give me commit access so I can fix it myself.
:) Seems like there is little activity on wsrp4j at the moment, and I am
willing to help if I get commit access.