Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Juanjo <ju...@telefonica.net> on 2009/11/10 08:48:03 UTC

redirection in 4.0

Hi,

    In windows using tomcat 6.0 and jdk 1.6, my program runs properly. It
connect to a website by post, sending parameters, that return a 302. Then,
It reads the Location head an makes a Get call.

    When I deploy this program in linux with tomcat 5, the location head
returns the home url, not the right one.

    This is the code:

    HttpClient client = new DefaultHttpClient();
    HttpPost req = new HttpPost(http://www.theweb.com);
    List<NameValuePair> formparams = new ArrayList<NameValuePair>();
    formparams.add(new BasicNameValuePair("aaa","sss"));
    UrlEncodedFormEntity param = new UrlEncodedFormEntity(formparams);
    req.setEntity(param)
    HttpResponse res = client.execute(req)
    entity =res.getEntity();
    Header loc = res.getFirstHeader("Location");

    Another program that do the same but no redirection and using
BasicResponseHandler runs properly in both systems.

Please help,

Tanks

Juanjo