Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/07 15:12:54 UTC

Re: V1.1.1 source download file incomplete?

Hi,

On 12/7/06, Lei Zhou <Le...@pointalliance.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded the jackrabbit-core-1.1.1-src.jar file from the website
> (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.cgi), it seems that some class
> files are missing. For example, there is only one class definition in
> package org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.fulltext. But from the
> binary jar file I could see a lot more.

Many of the query classes are generated from JavaCC grammar files by
the build system. Run "maven jar" and look for target/generated-src.

> I also noticed that the available class definitions in the download
> jackrabbit-core-1.1.1-src.jar seem to match what is available on the
> JavaDoc web pages. is there any other place that I can download the
> complete code?

The javadocs at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/ is based on the
1.0 release. We haven't updated the Javadocs there as the main reason
for having them on the web site is as documentation of the public
interfaces in org.apache.jackrabbit.api.

Would it be useful to have full javadocs of each release available on
the Jackrabbit web site? We can do that if there's demand.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: V1.1.1 source download file incomplete?

Posted by Lei Zhou <Le...@pointalliance.com>.
Hi Jukka,

> Would it be useful to have full javadocs of each release available on
> the Jackrabbit web site? We can do that if there's demand

It would be nice to have, but don't bother if it takes many efforts to
maintain.

> Many of the query classes are generated from JavaCC grammar files by
> the build system. Run "maven jar" and look for target/generated-src.

I actually would really like to have a binary jackrabbit JAR file that
includes all jar dependencies and doesn't rely on any other classpath
except for finding the common JDK packages.

I ask for this because I'm having problem implementing jackrabbit
deployment Model 2 on WebSphere Portal server. Because there is already an
IBM version of Jcr implementation on the server's root classpath. And I
can't configure a JNDI resource environment reference for Jackrabbit since
the portal server would always find the IBM's implementation of
javax.jcr.Repository.

I'm thinking if I can have all dependencies packaged into one
jackrabbit-1.1.1.jar file, I'd be able to put this jar file in the shared
library and instantiate the repository implementation as a singleton.
Would this be possible?

Thanks,
Lei

Re: V1.1.1 source download file incomplete?

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
On 12/7/06, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/7/06, Lei Zhou <Le...@pointalliance.com> wrote:
> > I just downloaded the jackrabbit-core-1.1.1-src.jar file from the website
> > (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.cgi), it seems that some class
> > files are missing. For example, there is only one class definition in
> > package org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.fulltext. But from the
> > binary jar file I could see a lot more.
>
> Many of the query classes are generated from JavaCC grammar files by
> the build system. Run "maven jar" and look for target/generated-src.
>
> > I also noticed that the available class definitions in the download
> > jackrabbit-core-1.1.1-src.jar seem to match what is available on the
> > JavaDoc web pages. is there any other place that I can download the
> > complete code?
>
> The javadocs at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/ is based on the
> 1.0 release. We haven't updated the Javadocs there as the main reason
> for having them on the web site is as documentation of the public
> interfaces in org.apache.jackrabbit.api.
>
> Would it be useful to have full javadocs of each release available on
> the Jackrabbit web site? We can do that if there's demand.

Hmm... I guess this would be pretty cool. Then you can set your
Eclipse IDE to look for the javadocs online according to the jar
version.

If it is not too complex then you have my +1.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.