Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Massimo Paladin <Ma...@cern.ch> on 2012/10/25 16:33:43 UTC

ActiveMQ's JMX connector: firewall + credential protection

Hello,

in our deployed brokers we have the requirement of using
the local firewall and protect the JMX connector.

By default this is not possible in ActiveMQ as I understand, you can get
either:
- password protection: specifying custom java properties and disabling the
activemq's connector)
- firewall support: using "managementContext" property "rmiServerPort"
As reference I looked at: http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html

Since a long time, in our brokers, we bypassed the problem instantiating
our own JMX connector using a javaagent:
http://goo.gl/gFoLP

Wouldn't it be nice to add the support for credential protection directly
to the "managementContext"'s options?
Would it be possible? Is there anything preventing it?

Regards,
---
Massimo Paladin