Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Lukas Zapletal <lz...@bach.cz> on 2001/09/06 13:19:21 UTC

Input/Textarea/Select tags take values from %fdat

Hello embperl,

I tested the feature: 'Input/Textarea/Select tags take values from %fdat'

when you create a test form:

<FORM NAME="test" METHOD="POST" ACTION="[+ $req->{self} +]">
      <INPUT NAME="text">
</FORM>

and you wil test it with this string: 'This <is> a "TEST"'

you will notice that the generated HTML will have bad (unescaped) output

maybe I missed some configuration or is this a bug?

ps - in PHP there is a variable $self that holds actual URL, in empberl
I had to do it myself (from $ENV variables).
how do YOU do this?

Regards

  Lukas Zapletal [lzap@bach.cz]
  web programmer
  Bach systems Ltd., Czech Republic

Re: Input/Textarea/Select tags take values from %fdat

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> when you create a test form:
>
> <FORM NAME="test" METHOD="POST" ACTION="[+ $req->{self} +]">
>       <INPUT NAME="text">
> </FORM>
>
> and you wil test it with this string: 'This <is> a "TEST"'
>
> you will notice that the generated HTML will have bad (unescaped) output

For me it gives

value="this &lt;is&gt; a &quot;TEST&quot;"

which is quite correcly escaped. Try to print out $escmode e.g.

[+ $escmode +]

and check that it is either 3 or 7

> ps - in PHP there is a variable $self that holds actual URL, in empberl
> I had to do it myself (from $ENV variables).
> how do YOU do this?

When running under mod_perl you can use the Apache object i.e.

$req_rec -> uri

under CGI mode you have to use the enviroment (which works also under
Apache). I have some plans to make a set of methods that delivers such
values independedly if you are running under mod_perl or CGI, but I guess
this will not be in the near future

Gerald