Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2019/08/10 10:25:54 UTC

JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Hi Uwe & Dawid,

Haven't heard from you in some time, any issues to report as we announce
a Release Candidate ?

*JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase
*

Per the JDK 13 schedule [1], we are now in the Release Candidate phase.
The stabilization repository, jdk/jdk13, is open for P1 bug fixes per
the JDK Release Process (JEP 3) [2].
All changes require approval via the Fix-Request Process [3].

For more details, see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing list [4]

  * Milestone Schedule:
      o Initial RC Build 33 - Aug 9, 2019
      o GAC - Aug 22, 2019
      o GAR - Sept 5, 2019
      o GA - Sept 17, 2019

*OpenJDK 13 build 33 is available at http://jdk.java.net/13/*

  * These early access, open source builds are provided under the GNU
    General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
    <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Schedule, status & features
      o http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/13/
  * Release Notes
      o http://jdk.java.net/13/release-notes
  * Bug fixes reported by Open Source Projects  :
      o JDK-8228764 - fixed in b32 -reported by Apache Tomcat

**OpenJDK 14 *EA build 9 is now available at **http://jdk.java.net/14**
*

  * These early access, open source builds are provided under the GNU
    General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
    <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Release Notes
      o http://jdk.java.net/14/release-notes
  * JEPs targeted to JDK 14
      o JEP 352 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/352> - Non-Volatile Mapped
        Byte Buffers
  * Changes in this build
    <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/log?rev=reverse%28%22jdk-14%2B8%22%3A%3A%22jdk-14%2B9%22-%22jdk-14%2B8%22%29&revcount=1000>
  * Bug fixes reported by Open Source Projects  :
      o JDK-8227170 - fixed in b8 -reported by Apache Ant
      o JDK-8228485 - fixed in b8 -reported by JaCoCo
      o JDK-8222791 - fixed in b7 -reported by Apache Lucene

*Project Panama Early-Access Builds*

  * Build jdk-14-panama+1-15 (2019/8/8) is available at
    http://jdk.java.net/panama/
  * These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU
    General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
    <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.

Regards,
Rory

[1] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/13/#Schedule
[2] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3
[3] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3#Fix-Request-Process
[4] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-August/003250.html

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Thanks Uwe!

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi Rory,

sorry for the delay: I was on vacation and now back in office (but only this week). I updated Jenkins to use the JDK 13 RC build and the first run is already going on. I also installed JDK 14 ea+9, let’s see what it says.

Uwe

Haven't heard from you in some time, any issues to report as we announce a Release Candidate ?

JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Per the JDK 13 schedule [1], we are now in the Release Candidate phase.
The stabilization repository, jdk/jdk13, is open for P1 bug fixes per the JDK Release Process (JEP 3) [2].
All changes require approval via the Fix-Request Process [3].

For more details, see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing list [4]

*	Milestone Schedule:

*	Initial RC Build 33 - Aug 9, 2019
*	GAC - Aug 22, 2019
*	GAR - Sept 5, 2019