Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jcgarciam <jc...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/27 14:25:36 UTC

Re: Wicket 1.5-RC3 with hibernate-annotation

I think you can try to exclude the slfj dependency that wicket ships on,
since its being already contributed by Hibernate or just update you the

<dependency>
<groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
 <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
* <version>1.6.1</version>*
</dependency>

To the version that match the one provided hibernate.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Lucky Spiff [via Apache Wicket] <
ml-node+3477380-979833950-65838@n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> I folks,
>
> I tried to upgrade an application from wicket 1.4.17 to wicket 1.5-RC3 and
> after resolving some API changes it crashed at runtime because of a version
> conflicht with slf4j that seems to come from hibernate-annotations:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.format(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/String;
>
>         at org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter.info(Log4jLoggerAdapter.java:318)
>
>         at
> org.hibernate.annotations.common.Version.<clinit>(Version.java:37)
>
> It seems that hibernate-annotations is compiled against slfj4 1.5.8 and has
> a version conflict. I use hibernate 3.6.2-Final.
>
> Is there a simple way around this without moving to something like OSGi?
>
> Thank you in advance for any hints!

> below:
>
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Wicket-1-5-RC3-with-hibernate-annotation-tp3477380p3477380.html
>  To start a new topic under Apache Wicket, email
> ml-node+1842946-398011874-65838@n4.nabble.com

JC

Re: Wicket 1.5-RC3 with hibernate-annotation

Posted by Lucky Spiff <fv...@gmail.com>.
That's it, I forced the usage of slf4j 1.6.1 and the propblem was solved.
Thank you!