Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jon Strayer <jo...@strayer.org> on 2007/05/24 22:12:19 UTC

M2 Changelog plugin

When I execute "mvn scm:changelog" it works and generates this log entry
(among others)
[INFO] Executing: cvs -z3 -f -d :
pserver:maven@cipe801.sldc.sbc.com:12310/appl/pkg1/cvs/reps/theteam/cvs -q
log

When I add the changelog report to my pom and execute "mvn site" it fails
and generates these log entries:

[INFO] Executing: cvs -z3 -f -d :
pserver:maven@cipe801.sldc.sbc.com:12310/appl/pkg1/cvs/reps/theteam/cvs -q
log -d '"2007-04-24T15:43:16-0400<2007-05-25T15:43:16-0400"'

[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The cvs command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] 'cvs' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

That last line makes me thing that the changelog plugin (version 2.0) is not
using the Maven SCM plugin.  Is that correct?

--
Esse Quam Videre
To Be, rather than to Seem

Re: M2 Changelog plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Paul Spencer wrote:
>> Emmanuel,
>> Any idea when the next release of the changelog plugin will be
>> released?  Per the JIRA, their are no blockers and all issued attached
>> to version 2.1 are resolved.
>
> I'm working through the remaining JIRAs for this plugin. If we get
> feedback from the reporters quickly, we could have a release ready in a
> couple of weeks.

Sorry Paul,

I've been tied up at my day job for a while. Anyway, I've just committed
the patch for the last remaining JIRA issue. I'll start the voting for a
release shortly.

>> Paul Spencer
>>
>> Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>>> The changelog plugin use Maven-SCM too but an old version. Next
>>> version of changelog plugin will use the latest Maven-SCM so the
>>> result will be the same.
>>>
>>> The difference between old version and the actual, is that in the
>>> actual, Maven-SCM use a pure java cvs client instead of the command
>>> line so you don't need a cvs client installed on your machine.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: M2 Changelog plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Re: M2 Changelog plugin