Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Barth (John) Jones" <mu...@alltel.net> on 2004/06/06 02:30:44 UTC

[users@httpd] perl

I'm sorry for posting so many times.  It's my nature to ask lots of questions.

Everything works the way I want it to on my Apache server except for cgi when serving web pages on WindowsXPPro.  When I test my perl program in DOS/Windows9x it doesn't return any errors.  When I run my cgi in my browser here's what the browser returns:

Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
couldn't create child process: 720003: testcgi.pl

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500
localhost
06/05/04 19:40:35
Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) PHP/4.3.6

And here's the script:

#!/perl/bin/perl.exe

   use CGI ':standard';

    print header();
    print start_html();

    for $i (param()) {
    }

    print end_html();

I've tried changing "perl.exe" in "#!/perl/bin/perl.exe" to just "perl", "perl5.8.3.exe", & "perl5.8.3".  I keep getting the same error message in my browser (Internet Explorer by the way).

There seems to be a configuration issue.  Do I have to configure perl?  I think everything's set right in httpdconfig.  Does anyone have any info on this error?  Thanks!

Re: [users@httpd] perl

Posted by "Barth (John) Jones" <mu...@alltel.net>.
Thanks.  Everything works perfectly now.

> > couldn't create child process: 720003: testcgi.pl
> >
> > If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
> > <ma...@localhost>.
> >

> >     Error 500
> >
> > [snip]
> > And here's the script:
> >
> > #!/perl/bin/perl.exe
> > [snip]
> > I've tried changing "perl.exe" in "#!/perl/bin/perl.exe" to just
> > "perl", "perl5.8.3.exe", & "perl5.8.3".  I keep getting the same error
> > message in my browser (Internet Explorer by the way).
> >

> Please add the drive letter before your path. If you have your perl on
> drive C, for example, you can change your path to
"#!C:/perl/bin/perl.exe".

Re: [users@httpd] perl

Posted by BAO RuiXian <ru...@pp.inet.fi>.