Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Philippe Couas <pc...@infodev.fr> on 2008/07/04 08:34:48 UTC

How administer old spammed mail with spamassassin and procmail ?

Hi,

I  wante use procmail with spamassassin and put into an spécial directory
spammed mail.
But, how could i read theses mail ? do i need to create an special account
for each user or not ?
How could i delete old spammed mail if user don't verify it ? could i make
it with logrotate ?
I search sample configuration

Regards
Philippe

Re: website that discuss about SA rules effect on emails

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 04.07.08 17:25, NGSS wrote:
> I just found out one of those sites, seemed to be extremely useful. It gives
> real life examples and elaborates how rules have affected the eventual SA
> scores.

is this spam? The formulation above indicates that.

> http://markmail.org/

"MarkMail is a free service for searching mailing list archives"

how can that "give real life examples and elaborates how rules affect"
anything?

> If there any other websites similar or even better than this?

well, google it better than this. marc and google are similar...

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.

website that discuss about SA rules effect on emails

Re: How administer old spammed mail with spamassassin and procmail ?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 04.07.08 08:34, Philippe Couas wrote:
> I  wante use procmail with spamassassin and put into an spécial directory
> spammed mail.
> But, how could i read theses mail ? do i need to create an special account
> for each user or not ?

I put my spams into _folder_ named "spam" and can read it using my mail
user agent (MUA). On our company's servers we do the same and the folder is
accessible by IMAP, so users may check them.

> How could i delete old spammed mail if user don't verify it ?

it's a bit safer when users are able to read/delete them by themselves.
However courier imap serever allows removing of old mail from folders after
given time.

> could i make it with logrotate ?

no, logrotate does something very different.

> I search sample configuration

It highly depends on your system... if your users read mail by imap, it's
quite easy as I described it.
Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.