Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/17 08:02:15 UTC

Jelly and a 1.0 release

There's currently one issue in Jira for Jelly Core against v1.0, which
is the public API.

If there is anything people want fixed for 1.0, please enter it into JIRA ASAP.

Please note that the taglibs are now able to be released separately
from Jelly Core, so fixing those is a separate thing to getting the
core released.

Our focus at the moment is to fix bugs, do documentation and make a
stable Jelly release. Major re-work and  API changes should wait till
the 1.1 timeframe.

The plan is to release 1.0 soon, and not wait a long time like the
beta-3 to beta-4 timeframe.

Re: Jelly and a 1.0 release

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Nothing from me. I'd say do the public API and push out RC1.

Nice work.

Cheers,
Brett

RE: Jelly and a 1.0 release

Posted by Hans Gilde <hg...@earthlink.net>.
+1

I don't really see any other good way.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
I'm Ok with that.

paul

Re: Jelly and a 1.0 release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
My take is:

RE: Jelly and a 1.0 release

Posted by Hans Gilde <hg...@earthlink.net>.

RE: Jelly and a 1.0 release

Re: Jelly and a 1.0 release

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
That's a good point... except that's nowhere in the docs except in the
javadoc.
Maybe add a paragraph in the page "Details" (which sadly carries an
"overview" section title) ?

paul

Re: Jelly and a 1.0 release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.