Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2021/07/13 04:35:17 UTC

Need help publishing main site

Hi

I recall the CMS is no more but I haven't followed how to publish the
site now. The docs still talk about the CMS.

I have updated component_releases.properties and the DOAP file for
compress but don't know how to apply the change to the deployed website.

Stefan

Re: Need help publishing main site

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

>>> http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.html

>> Yes, that's what I've done for the past releases as well ;-)

>> https://cms.apache.org/commons/publish is what it tells you to use - and
>> this one returns an error which I assume is due to the CMS being
>> discontinued.

> Yes.

> I did some work to replace this.

Ah, thank you

> $ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk cms-site
> $ cd cms-site
> # build the site and checkin
> $ ./commons-site-publish.sh # this replaces the cms publish
> # and follow the instructions.

> I have done this, but don't have time to check further just now.

It looks as if it has been successful, I'll update the site-publishing
page with a little snippet the coming days.

Thanks

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Thanks sebb

I've added small blurbs about the scripts - and verified it actually
works the way I described it by publishing the site from my local
machine :-)

Stefan

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>.
 I think I used this page when publishing the site?

http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.html

And this one when I started the release process (which contains the link to the page above).

http://commons.apache.org/releases/index.html

Bruno

    On Tuesday, 13 July 2021, 8:46:43 pm NZST, Bruno P. Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org> wrote:

  Funny, I checked the [imaging] version and it's correct. But I don't recall updating that file myself. I wonder if the commons-release-plugin has some feature to update this info somehow?

Bruno

 On 2021-07-13, Henri Biestro wrote:

> You actually don't change the main site, just the component site if
> I'm not mistaken. I guess you found this;
> http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.html#Main_site .  When
> everything is set correctly, the site-deploy target does everything
> for you, namely push the site to its svn repo.

This is the part I managed to do :-)

I'm actually talking about step 8 in
http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html

https://commons.apache.org/ contains a table of all the latest releases
of all components and it is populated - or used to be populated - from a
properties file in the main site. And then the site contains the DOAP
files for https://projects.apache.org/ which hasn't picked up the
changes I made, yet.

> ps: congratulations for releasing compress !

Thank you

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Biestro <he...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefan;
You actually don't change the main site, just the component site if I'm not mistaken. I guess you found this; http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.html#Main_site .
When everything is set correctly, the site-deploy target does everything for you, namely push the site to its svn repo.
Cheers
Henrib