Posted to issues@maven.apache.org by daheri <er...@hotmail.com> on 2010/12/06 10:47:04 UTC

Encoding issues

Hi,

I'm have a strange error I cant figure out.
Platform encoding on local computer is set to: cp1252
Platform encoding on hudson-server set to: utf-8
Pom sourceencoding set to utf-8
Pom maven-compiler-plugin, encoding set to utf-8

When doing clean install on the hudson server, everything works fine.
When doing clean install on local computer, compilation fails:
"illegal character: \65533 ... etc"

If I change compiler-plugin encoding to cp1252 the it is reversed. It now
compiles fine on local machine, but on hudson server it fails with the same
error: "illegal character: \65533...."

I dont know what i'm missing here... isnt the build supposed to be not
dependant on platform encoding???

What am I missing??

Thanks for all help!

-daheri