Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sonny Sukumar <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/10 21:10:34 UTC

Which key alias names to use for SSL?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup my Tomcat (4.1.27) server to work with SSL.  I got a
CA-signed cert to go with my private key and CA root cert, but I'm confused
as to how to name the alias for the CA-signed-cert and my private key.

The Tomcat SSL How-To is confusing me, becuase it says to give the "tomcat"
alias to both the private key and the CA-signed key.  I tried it and it
overwrote my private key (luckily I made a backup of my keystore).

I'm looking at this documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/ssl-howto.html

It also doesn't seem possible to configure the alias names in server.xml.
So what alias names should I use? :-)

Thanks!

Sonny