Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sébastien Druon <sd...@spotuse.com> on 2011/01/20 17:51:17 UTC

Cassandra automatic startup script on ubuntu

Hello!

I am using cassandra on a ubuntu machine and installed it from the binary
found on the cassandra home page.
However, I did not find any scripts to start it up at boot time.

Where can I find this kind of script?

Thanks a lot in advance

Sebastien

Re: Cassandra automatic startup script on ubuntu

Posted by Clint Byrum <cl...@ubuntu.com>.
On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 17:51 +0100, Sébastien Druon wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I am using cassandra on a ubuntu machine and installed it from the
> binary found on the cassandra home page.
> However, I did not find any scripts to start it up at boot time.
>

> Where can I find this kind of script?

The debs produced by Eric Evans, and the others that I've been building,
have an init.d script in them.

You can find Eric's debs here:

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging

Or the ones I build and test on Ubuntu releases here:

https://launchpad.net/~cassandra-ubuntu/+archive/stable

I just uploaded 0.7.0, so it will still have 0.6.8 in it while the
builds finish and the debs are published.

Re: Cassandra automatic startup script on ubuntu

Posted by Dave Viner <da...@gmail.com>.
You can also use the apt-get repository version, which installs the startup
script.  On http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CloudConfig, see the Cassandra
Basic Setup section.  It applies to any debian based machine, not just cloud
instances.

HTH
Dave Viner

Posted by Donal Zang <za...@ihep.ac.cn>.