Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by jd1008 <jd...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/23 21:33:02 UTC

rpm repository for apache and openoffice

Hi,
we desperately NEED a repository from which
we can automatically update Apache and OpenOffice.

I am running Fedora 20 x86_64.

Hope you will make this happen.

Re: rpm repository for apache and openoffice

Posted by jd1008 <jd...@gmail.com>.
On 08/23/2014 02:42 PM, Greg Madden wrote:
> On Saturday 23 August 2014 12:30:46 pm you wrote:
>> On 08/23/2014 04:05 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>>> If I download it manually, why bother to set it as a REPO dir?
>> Because I have more than one computer that I run it on.  The one
>> directory is available to all 3 computers via my network.  However, I
>> agree it would be nice if OO would do it so it's available for
>> everyone.  IIRC, they'd just need one for RPM and one for DEB.
> Here is one for DEB: only for Jessie though.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/debian/dists/

Hey Jessie!!! You got what you wanted :)
Guess you must have squeaked a lot louder than me :) :)

Cheers,

JD

Re: rpm repository for apache and openoffice

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 23/08/2014 Greg Madden wrote:
> Here is one for DEB: only for [Debian] Jessie though.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/debian/dists/

That one is already listed here:
http://www.openoffice.org/porting/
where you will find some documentation too. Usually Marcelo updates it
within a few day of the official release, so I expect version 4.1.1 to
appear there soon.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: rpm repository for apache and openoffice

Posted by Greg Madden <go...@gci.net>.

--

Peace,

Greg

Re: rpm repository for apache and openoffice

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Posted by jd1008 <jd...@gmail.com>.
On 08/23/2014 01:52 PM, James Knott wrote:
> On 08/23/2014 03:33 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>> Hi,
>> we desperately NEED a repository from which
>> we can automatically update Apache and OpenOffice.
>>
>> I am running Fedora 20 x86_64.
>>
>> Hope you will make this happen.
> I just download the package and create a directory with all the files.
> I then set that directory as a repository.  When a new version appears,
> I just replace the files.  Works fine with openSUSE.

Thanks.
If I download it manually, why bother to set it as a REPO dir?
I will just go ahead and install it without resorting to yum.
I would like the update to occur by the normal way that yum
looks into the /etc/yum.repo.d directory and uses the "enabled"
repos to perform the updates.

Re: rpm repository for apache and openoffice

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
jd1008 wrote:
> we desperately NEED a repository from which
> we can automatically update Apache and OpenOffice.
> I am running Fedora 20 x86_64.

This is a fantastic coincidence. Guess what, I have a custom YUM
repository in the works for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 (not sure what you
mean by "Apache AND OpenOffice") and I desperately need testers.

I still need to fix a bit of things, and then find a place to upload it
to and it only covers Fedora 20 on x86_64 for the moment, but if you
don't need anything else it seems exactly what you need. Stay tuned.

I'll use the dev list and not the users list for further discussions
about this topic, but I'll CC you. Please send me a reminder if you
don't hear from me before the end of August.

Regards,
   Andrea.