Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Rana Aich <ra...@anshinsoft.com> on 2003/03/25 21:45:03 UTC

Problem with Jetspeed Administration

Hi All,

I'm facing a typical problem in Jetspeed Administration.

I did the following steps:

(1) I logged in http://localhost:8080/jetspeed as admin/jetspeed.
(2) I navigate to Security Role Browser and for Role "User" I withdraw the
permission "Customize". i.e. My aim is, not to allow the user to customize
the Portlets.
(3) I logout and Log in as turbine/turbine (having role "user").

Result:

For all the portlets, I can see the "Customize" icon along with four
others("Info", "Maximise", "minimise","Print").
I expected that "Customise" Icon won't be visible after "Premission" for
"Customize" is withdrawn for role "user". Moreover the user "turbine"
gleefully customizes the portlet by clicking the "customise" icon.

In short I'm not seeing the desired result.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance.

Rana Aich.

Re: Problem with Jetspeed Administration

Posted by Rana Aich <ra...@anshinsoft.com>.
Hello,

I have tried the following in the JPortal CobiJonesPortlet in *.xreg file.

    <portlet-entry name="CobiJonesPortlet" hidden="false" type="ref"
parent="Velocity" application="false">
  <security role="user"/>
  <security-ref parent="user-only"/>
            <title>The Cobi Jones Portlet</title>
            <description>Tutorial showing an Action Event Executing,
dedicated to the man Cobi</description>
        <parameter name="template" value="cobi-jones-form" hidden="true"/>
        <parameter name="action" value="portlets.CobiJonesPortletAction"
hidden="true" />
        <media-type ref="html"/>
        <category group="Jetspeed">tutorial</category>
    </portlet-entry>

And the for role "user", I have set the permission to "View", "Maximise" and
"Minimise". The permission for "Customise" and "Info" were withdrwan. So I
expect, when the user turbine/turbine logs on, the CobiJonesPorlet should
show three action-icons. However it is showing all five.

Any small hint will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Rana.