Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/18 07:46:30 UTC

Homepage and more

Dear guys

things take longer than expected. I am also working on a  proposal to
improve our home page to better welcome new people...

Related to code I am quite ready to share my ideas definitivly on the WE.
Basically there is some more support for Java 8 features and a the spis for
filters and converters that will be worth discussions the most, since I
will propose to change the api there to better align with the config jsr
and rdduce the overall api footprint.

The objective to support collection types has shown to be more challenging
than I originslly thaught, but I see ways how we can fully support also
multiple nested collections as possibke with xml, json or yaml configs. The
foundation hereby is a PropertyValue that itself can be a container for
other property values. Having the same child key maps to arrays and lists,
different keys to objects. This allows to fully map configuration
structures including nested arrays and lists.
The question is how to map these things to a key, value property map.
Answer as of now: objects are the same a child property spaces, whereas
arrays require indexing with [0], [1] etc.

What is missing (my idea) is some access API to dive into these structures,
something like
Configuration.adapt(ConfigAccessor.class). Given that it should be possible
to do something like this:

ConfigAccessor access = ..;
List<Endpoint> endpoints = access.getList("server.endpoints",
Endpoint.class);

If you have further ideas, let us know...

J Anatole