Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Lois GreeneHernandez <lg...@knoa.com> on 2015/12/04 17:03:00 UTC

jsession id in url

Hi All,

I was tasked with modifying a wicket6/glassfish4 application so that the session id changes as soon as a user logs in.  This is to avoid the problem of Session Fixation.  I used the replaceSession() method (from the wicket Session class), which does a destroy(); and a bind();.  replaceSession().  It seem to do the trick as the session id does indeed change.  The problem is that now we see a jsessionid in the url everytime we initially log on.  The id goes away after you log in and only appears on the initial launch.

My question is, is there a way to ensure that no jessionid appears in the url AND that the session id changes?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lois

RE: jsession id in url

Posted by Martin Grigorov <ma...@gmail.com>.