Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ro...@xemaps.com on 2004/09/23 18:13:28 UTC

compiling 1.4 source

Hi guys,

So we started upgrading to 1.4 and we need to add some of our own custom code.
 After compiling with ant, I noticed that the 1.4 ant script builds a jar
called lucene-1.5-rc1-dev.jar, not lucene-1.4-final.jar.  I'm pretty sure I
did not download the wrong source.  Is this just a wrong name in the
properties or does the source code actually contain lucene 1.5 rc1 code?

Roy.

Re: compiling 1.4 source

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
If you obtained the 1.4.1 source distribution, then  you're fine and
its simply an issue with the properties.  We keep the properties set to
the _next_ version of Lucene (or as a beta/rc version label) to avoid
the CVS HEAD codebase from building as a release label when it is very
likely not the same.

If you obtained the source from CVS HEAD, you're using code that has
been greatly modified since the 1.4.1 release.

	Erik