Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by sz...@op.pl on 2004/10/15 20:35:06 UTC

XSP and service manager

Hello ml users,

Why this simple code doesnt work? I get compile error when try+catch
block is not commented

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
  <xsp:structure>

 <xsp:include>org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.DataSourceComponent</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>java.sql.DriverManager</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>java.sql.Connection</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentSelector</xsp:include>
    <xsp:include>org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException</xsp:include>
 </xsp:structure>
<xsp:logic>
       ComponentSelector dc = null;
       try {
           dc = (ComponentSelector) manager.lookup(DataSourceComponent.ROLE + "Selector");
       }catch(ComponentException cme) {}

   </xsp:logic>

</xsp:page>

--
Best regards,
 szefu18

Re: XSP and service manager

Posted by "John L. Webber" <Jo...@jentro.com>.
Have you looked at the generated java file? If you're using Tomcat, it
will be somewhere like

$CATALINA_HOME/work/localhost/web-app-name/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www

with the base below that depending on the directory path under
$COCOON_HOME. Classes are renamed from XXX.xsp to XXX_xsp.java. (from
the Cocoon WIKI).

Often looking at the generated java code will reveal what went wrong. As
to the manager, there is a ServiceManager available in the Context, but
AFAIK you need to access it in this way:

manager = (ServiceManager) context.getAttribute("manager");

Hope that helps,

John

szefu18@op.pl wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> Monday, October 18, 2004, 9:02:11 AM, you wrote:
>
> JLW> Hello,
>
> JLW> It would help to send the complete stack trace. Where does the manager
> JLW> variable come from?
>
> And that is the problem ... it looks like manager is definied in base class
> of any XSP class. Correct me if i'm wrong.
>
> Stracktrace is stupid as any Cocoon exception and dont say anything
> about error ... well its error while compiling XSP- it claims
> that ";" is missing... i think propably its problem with some import
> - compiler does not recognize some type.

  Jentro Technologies GmbH
  John L. Webber, Software Development
  Rosenheimer Str. 145e	    81671 München
  Tel. +49 89 189 169 80     mailto:John.Webber@jentro.com
  Fax  +49 89 189 169 99     http://www.jentro.com
NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may
otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by
reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message
and all its attachments without any use or further distribution of its
contents. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing
or otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank
you.

Re[2]: XSP and service manager

Posted by sz...@op.pl.

Re: XSP and service manager