Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Malte Ubl <ub...@schaffhausen.de> on 2005/08/29 10:00:44 UTC

Re: Modification of read only value attempted

Malte Ubl wrote:

<snip>Server stops working and spits out Modification of read only value
errors</snip>

> We'll try moving to Apache::Registry first. As far as I can see
> Apache::Registry should call slurp_filename less often (only once per
> child and modification time).

For the record: We switched the production machines to Apache::Registry
and the error disappeared.

By the way: I'd like to thank all the mod_perl developers for their hard
work! Our application at
http://www.lottospielen-nds.de/s/play/ground/quicky_schein.do
synchronizes thousands of web clients for live broadcasting of a lottery
that has draws every 3 minutes with a single front end machine which I
think is really impressive.

Thanks,

Malte

--
SCHAFFHAUSEN COMMUNICATION GROUP
Schaffhausen ITC Solutions GmbH / Daimlerstraße 17 / 25337 Elmshorn

Fon +49 41 21.47 29-459 / Fax +49 41 21.47 29-455
ubl@schaffhausen.de / www.schaffhausen.de